Friday, June 16, 2006

Scheduling:

My best guess is that the stabilizer and elevator will take about 50 hours to build. This estimate is based on values reported on other builder's websites. What I can not take into account is how often and for how long each person worked on their kit.

It seems logical that two hours two nights a week and 8 hours one day a week would produce "faster" results than 1 hour four nights a week and 4 hours two days a week. But since I do not know what everyone's work habits were ( I intend to log mine here for future builders ) I can only assume that 50 hours is 50 hours and that variance in my sample can account for varying work habits.

With that said, I hope with a minimum rate of 12 hours a week to have the elevator and stabilizer finished by July 14th, with the assumption that the Arlington EAA fly-in does not take away build time.

No comments: