Monday, June 05, 2006

Getting a workshop setup is not cheap.

Taking QSP's workshop was great for two reasons: 1) I found out that I could do this project 2) All tools required were provided.

My first trip to the tool store resulted in a Husky brand air compressor, a drill and a few other odds and ends. About $400 in total

The second trip resulted in
  • paint thinner for getting stickers off the parts
  • 2 4'x8'x3/4" boards
  • 4 saw horses
  • a metric measuring tape ( 16' )
  • square
  • flat, half round and round metal files
  • hand hack saw for metal
  • various drill bits
  • lighting for the garage / workshop
  • other stuff I'm forgetting
That was $306 worth of tools. In addition I ordered a pneumatic riveter, a hand riveter, two cleco pliers and tons of clecos from Zenith that will arrive with the tail section sub kit.

My expectation is to have spent at least $1000 in tools before the plane flies.

No comments: