Friday, June 23, 2006

The good folks at Zenith ( I owe Caleb some beer if we ever meet ) confirmed the borkage and now riveting the skeleton must wait until Thursday at the earliest. The only way to fix the error is by replacing the 7H2-6s, clamping them in place, marking the holes and then drilling through the existing spar holes without widening the spar holes.

Until then I can drill the rear bracket into place, debur and corrosion protect the rest of the skeleton and then start on the elevator.

Project Status:
Horizontal Stabilizer: 11 hours spent, 3 pieces borked ( 3h, 2h, 2h, 2h, .5h, 1.5h )
Rudder Done, minus horn : ~16 hours spent, ( ~8h, ~8h )
Workshop Done: ~8 hours

No comments: