Monday, November 19, 2007

Three building sessions to catch up on:

Last Saturday worked on getting the seat front trimmed and into place. Additional work had to be done to get it's doubler into place and drill the holes for the controls. I also trimmed the fuselage longerons and doubler to be even with the skin. This took about three hours.

Last Saturday I spent lots of time futzing with the forward fuselage side and door sills. We also took inventory of the controls and landing gear kits. One the nose strut was in my hands, then I went to work on the upper and lower bearings. I found that the holes in all the parts the strut was supposed to fit through were too tight and small. My guess is that the strut was a smidge to large. In any event all those holes has to be opened up a tiny bit. Then the upper bearing got drilled into place. We spent about 4 hours total.

Sunday I spent about three hours working. I spent most of the time fabricating the gear stop plates ( 7F8-6 ) and the other half of the lower gear bearing ( 7F8-5 ). The rear lower bearing had some problems ( 7F8-4 ). First the hole needed to be widened. Next the bend was slightly off. On one side the radius was 10mm from the pre-drilled holes. On the other it was about 7mm. This wasn't too big a deal since the hole needed to be opened up anyway. It also confuses me that Zenith would make a complicated part like 7F8-4, but not a similar and simpler part like 7F8-5.

Fuselage ~86h ( 3h, 3h, 2h, 3h, 7h, 2h, 5h, 2h, 3h, 2h, 2h, 3h, 6h, 2h, 2h, 1.5h, 2.5h, 1h, 2h, 3h, 2h, 3h, 4h, 1h, 2h, 1h, 3h, 4h, 3h, 3h, 4h, 3h)
Wings: ~157.5h ( 1h, 1h, 0.5h, 2.5h, 4h, 1h, 1.5h, 1h, 1.5, 4.5, 1h, 1h, 2h, 4h, 1h, 3h, 1h, 2h, .5h, 1.5h, 2h, 2h, 2h, .5h, 1h, .5h, .5h, 2h,3h, 1h, 3h, 3h, 4h, 2h, 3h, 7h, 3h, 1h, 4h, 1h, 1h, 1h, 4h, 2h, 2h, 2h, 2h, 1h, 2h, 3h, 2h, 1h, 3h, 2h, 2h, 1h, 2h, 3h, 2h, 1h, 1h, 1.5, 2h, 2h, 3h, 2h, 1h, 3h, 2h, 1h, 2h, 1h, 5h, 2h, 1h, 2h, 4h, 2h )
Flaperons: ( DONE! ) 23.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1h, 1h, 1h, 1.5h, 3h, 6h, 3h, 4h, 1h )
Paint Design: 2 hours spent ( 1h, 1h )
Elevator DONE!: ~31.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1.5h, 3h, .5h, 3.5h, 2h, 4h, 1.5h, 2h, 4.5h, 1h, 6h )
Horizontal Stabilizer DONE!: ~28 hours spent, 3 pieces replaced ( 3h, 2h, 2h, 2h, .5h, 1.5h, 3.5h, 1.5h, 5, 4.5, 2h, .5h )
Rudder DONE!, minus horn : ~16 hours spent, ( ~8h, ~8h )
Total Done: ~348h

No comments: