Sunday, November 25, 2007

Saturday night started with drilling the side skins into place. The forward fuselage was disassembled and the center stiffener was drilled into place. After putting the floor skins back together the longeron extrusions were cut and drilled into place. After that the side skins were put back on and I back drilled through the longerons.

Tip: I made the mistake of drilling the hole where the rear gear channel and longerons meet. When the side skin got put back on this became a problem. To get the holes to match, I back drilled from the top into the side skins and then found the longeron hole with the cleco.

I also started working on the rear and forward stiffeners. I found that the existing pre-drilled holes are too close together OR the floor stiffener was not made tight enough. To work around this extra care was taken to center the forward stiffener. I also found that the rear stiffener needed trimming to fit and not rub.

In addition to the building of materials, I built some time. My log book is now the proud owner of more than 20 hours of ASES.

Fuselage ~100h ( 3h, 3h, 2h, 3h, 7h, 2h, 5h, 2h, 3h, 2h, 2h, 3h, 6h, 2h, 2h, 1.5h, 2.5h, 1h, 2h, 3h, 2h, 3h, 4h, 1h, 2h, 1h, 3h, 4h, 3h, 3h, 4h, 3h, 4h, 4h, 6h)
Wings: ~157.5h ( 1h, 1h, 0.5h, 2.5h, 4h, 1h, 1.5h, 1h, 1.5, 4.5, 1h, 1h, 2h, 4h, 1h, 3h, 1h, 2h, .5h, 1.5h, 2h, 2h, 2h, .5h, 1h, .5h, .5h, 2h,3h, 1h, 3h, 3h, 4h, 2h, 3h, 7h, 3h, 1h, 4h, 1h, 1h, 1h, 4h, 2h, 2h, 2h, 2h, 1h, 2h, 3h, 2h, 1h, 3h, 2h, 2h, 1h, 2h, 3h, 2h, 1h, 1h, 1.5, 2h, 2h, 3h, 2h, 1h, 3h, 2h, 1h, 2h, 1h, 5h, 2h, 1h, 2h, 4h, 2h )
Flaperons: ( DONE! ) 23.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1h, 1h, 1h, 1.5h, 3h, 6h, 3h, 4h, 1h )
Paint Design: 2 hours spent ( 1h, 1h )
Elevator DONE!: ~31.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1.5h, 3h, .5h, 3.5h, 2h, 4h, 1.5h, 2h, 4.5h, 1h, 6h )
Horizontal Stabilizer DONE!: ~28 hours spent, 3 pieces replaced ( 3h, 2h, 2h, 2h, .5h, 1.5h, 3.5h, 1.5h, 5, 4.5, 2h, .5h )
Rudder DONE!, minus horn : ~16 hours spent, ( ~8h, ~8h )
Total Done: ~362h

No comments: