Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sunday was busy even though only about 3 hours of work got done.

Dave and Pat from EAA dropped by to see what a Zenith project is all about. They are about to embark on the journey with a 601XL.

The 60mm jig worked perfectly, and I did drill the channels into place from the middle of the spar outwards, but did the middle heavy channel last. I did have to trim the rib channel position template a small amount.

Everything seems to be square.

For the middle heavy channel, we used two bookshelf brackets ( as pictured ) to keep the ribs square as the rib angle and channel were squared into place. We had to mark the holes into the rib angle and then precision drill them since clamping would have been impossible.

The left wing's rear channel should not take near as long.

Saturday we actually flew the old 150 and saw the new Olympic Sculpture Garden from the air.

Project Status:
Wings: 29.5h ( 1h, 1h, 0.5h, 2.5h, 4h, 1h, 1.5h, 1h, 1.5, 4.5, 1h, 1h, 2h, 4h, 1h, 3h )
Flaperons: ( DONE! ) 23.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1h, 1h, 1h, 1.5h, 3h, 6h, 3h, 4h, 1h )
Paint Design: 2 hours spent ( 1h, 1h )
Elevator DONE!: ~31.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1.5h, 3h, .5h, 3.5h, 2h, 4h, 1.5h, 2h, 4.5h, 1h, 6h )
Horizontal Stabilizer DONE!: ~28 hours spent, 3 pieces replaced ( 3h, 2h, 2h, 2h, .5h, 1.5h, 3.5h, 1.5h, 5, 4.5, 2h, .5h )
Rudder DONE!, minus horn : ~16 hours spent, ( ~8h, ~8h )
Total Done: ~133 hours

No comments: