Thursday, July 13, 2006

We now have a riveted elevator skeleton! We spent three hours drilling the tip ribs into place along with making the elevator channel brackets and drilling those together.

Deburring and zinc chromate followed... then came the riveting.

I found that there are some pieces that are just impossible to rivet together without using the hand riveter. The half nose ribs are an example. Now I need to get some steel beams together so the skinning can start. With any luck Saturday can be spent skinning and then the rest of the week can be spent on the bracketry.

With at least three weeks until the flaperons and slats arrive I need to figure out what to do with my down time... besides crunch at the office.

Project Status:
Elevator: ~7.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1.5h, 3h )
Horizontal Stabilizer: ~28 hours spent, 3 pieces replaced ( 3h, 2h, 2h, 2h, .5h, 1.5h, 3.5h, 1.5h, 5, 4.5, 2h, .5h )
Rudder Done, minus horn : ~16 hours spent, ( ~8h, ~8h )
Workshop Done: ~8 hours

No comments: