Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Two hours were spent Sunday finishing the priming job. A while ago I ordered what I thought was the last of Wick's Zinc Chromate, but I ended up receiving the new Tempo primer that is "chromate free".

Most of the fuselage has been primed with this now. There are several issues with it. First it seems to chip off in clumps easier. Second, the initial spray is mostly propellant until a good 1/4 of the can has been used. Third the spray button is much harder to press and hurt my finger after a while. Fourth, and most importantly, the primer smeared or erased my Sharpie marks severely.

It only took about an hour Monday to get the "frame" reassembled.

I did a few steps to ease the reassembly of the fuselage. First with the ("L") angle that meets with the gussets, I scribbled the backs with different colored Sharpies so it could be easily determined where the overlaps happened and in which order.

Second, I numbered each set of of holes on the gusset so I could maintain orientation. Luckily using multiple methods worked since many times both were erased by the primer.


Fuselage ~51h ( 3h, 3h, 2h, 3h, 7h, 2h, 5h, 2h, 3h, 2h, 2h, 3h, 6h, 2h, 2h, 1.5h, 2.5h, 1h )
Wings: ~157.5h ( 1h, 1h, 0.5h, 2.5h, 4h, 1h, 1.5h, 1h, 1.5, 4.5, 1h, 1h, 2h, 4h, 1h, 3h, 1h, 2h, .5h, 1.5h, 2h, 2h, 2h, .5h, 1h, .5h, .5h, 2h,3h, 1h, 3h, 3h, 4h, 2h, 3h, 7h, 3h, 1h, 4h, 1h, 1h, 1h, 4h, 2h, 2h, 2h, 2h, 1h, 2h, 3h, 2h, 1h, 3h, 2h, 2h, 1h, 2h, 3h, 2h, 1h, 1h, 1.5, 2h, 2h, 3h, 2h, 1h, 3h, 2h, 1h, 2h, 1h, 5h, 2h, 1h, 2h, 4h, 2h )
Flaperons: ( DONE! ) 23.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1h, 1h, 1h, 1.5h, 3h, 6h, 3h, 4h, 1h )
Paint Design: 2 hours spent ( 1h, 1h )
Elevator DONE!: ~31.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1.5h, 3h, .5h, 3.5h, 2h, 4h, 1.5h, 2h, 4.5h, 1h, 6h )
Horizontal Stabilizer DONE!: ~28 hours spent, 3 pieces replaced ( 3h, 2h, 2h, 2h, .5h, 1.5h, 3.5h, 1.5h, 5, 4.5, 2h, .5h )
Rudder DONE!, minus horn : ~16 hours spent, ( ~8h, ~8h )
Total Done: ~310h

No comments: