Sunday, September 23, 2007

Recap of the question posed to the Matronic's Zenith list:

I'm having a bit of a problem. The ("L") angle that attaches to the top of the baggage back is off by exactly 10mm. This seems strange since every other junction is dead on, and the longeron splices are exactly even between the sides and the top. The flanges for the bulkheads were dead on.

So this leads me to believe it is a CNC error, but it's a little hard to get up there to measure and prove it.

Anyway, this has produced a gap too big to shim and I'm not sure what to do about it. One thought I had was to move the angle forward, but then the existing holes would be directly over the baggage back and the vertical ("L") angles.

My other idea was to ignore the gap basically since when I test fit the baggage back only the area near the gap didn't site flush. So I would add some extra rivets towards the inside of the panel to make up for it, and maybe add two gussets. My guess is that two rivets on each side would have to be skipped.


Photos of the gap problem with the ("L") angle that attaches from the top skin to the baggage back.




No comments: