Tuesday, July 24, 2007
I spent two hours getting the fiberglass wing tip fit as good as possible. It is not a perfect fit, and I decided to shim a bit on the leading holes, but the fit is not poor. The (L) angle that attaches to the spar extension was also cut and drilled into place. The manual suggested 250mm for the piece, but then I would not have had any overlap. 280mm turned out to be the magic number. 285 or 290 may have also worked with some trimming.
These tips are notorious on the Matronics list, so I feel like I almost got off easy.
What really would help ( LISTEN UP ZENITH!!! ) would be to ship the tips with flanges that are at least another 10mm.
I could get the wing tip flush, but I would not have had anything to drill into!
Wings: ~131.5h ( 1h, 1h, 0.5h, 2.5h, 4h, 1h, 1.5h, 1h, 1.5, 4.5, 1h, 1h, 2h, 4h, 1h, 3h, 1h, 2h, .5h, 1.5h, 2h, 2h, 2h, .5h, 1h, .5h, .5h, 2h,3h, 1h, 3h, 3h, 4h, 2h, 3h, 7h, 3h, 1h, 4h, 1h, 1h, 1h, 4h, 2h, 2h, 2h, 2h, 1h, 2h, 3h, 2h, 1h, 3h, 2h, 2h, 1h, 2h, 3h, 2h, 1h, 1h, 1.5, 2h, 2h, 3h, 2h )
Flaperons: ( DONE! ) 23.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1h, 1h, 1h, 1.5h, 3h, 6h, 3h, 4h, 1h )
Paint Design: 2 hours spent ( 1h, 1h )
Elevator DONE!: ~31.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1.5h, 3h, .5h, 3.5h, 2h, 4h, 1.5h, 2h, 4.5h, 1h, 6h )
Horizontal Stabilizer DONE!: ~28 hours spent, 3 pieces replaced ( 3h, 2h, 2h, 2h, .5h, 1.5h, 3.5h, 1.5h, 5, 4.5, 2h, .5h )
Rudder DONE!, minus horn : ~16 hours spent, ( ~8h, ~8h )
Total Done: ~233h