Sunday, May 06, 2007

We spent two hours Friday morning fabricating the flaperon supports and then drilling them into place. An easy job, but it takes a large amount of un-clecoing and re-clecoing. You also have to be careful about protecting the skin.

Saturday night we spent about 3 hours. I went back and drilled out all the A3 holes on the skeleton to A4s and A5s. There are still a few places that need to be enlarged but the skin must be removed to reach those ( all on the rear channel ).

It took a long time to change to color of the skin clecos. Only the bottom skin was drilled out, but it was a long process. We also cleaned the garage out.

Project Status:
Wings: ~65h ( 1h, 1h, 0.5h, 2.5h, 4h, 1h, 1.5h, 1h, 1.5, 4.5, 1h, 1h, 2h, 4h, 1h, 3h, 1h, 2h, .5h, 1.5h, 2h, 2h, 2h, .5h, 1h, .5h, .5h, 2h,3h, 1h, 3h, 3h, 4h, 2h, 3h )
Flaperons: ( DONE! ) 23.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1h, 1h, 1h, 1.5h, 3h, 6h, 3h, 4h, 1h )
Paint Design: 2 hours spent ( 1h, 1h )
Elevator DONE!: ~31.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1.5h, 3h, .5h, 3.5h, 2h, 4h, 1.5h, 2h, 4.5h, 1h, 6h )
Horizontal Stabilizer DONE!: ~28 hours spent, 3 pieces replaced ( 3h, 2h, 2h, 2h, .5h, 1.5h, 3.5h, 1.5h, 5, 4.5, 2h, .5h )
Rudder DONE!, minus horn : ~16 hours spent, ( ~8h, ~8h )
Total Done: ~168.5 hours

No comments: