Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I spent about an hour Tuesday morning struggling with the nose skin, only succeeding in giving it more "smilies". I ended up calling Zenith and realized that I needed to use a loop strap that wrapped around the wing.

Later in the afternoon I made a trip to Home Depot for new straps. I placed some wood up against the flaperon brackets to protect the trailing edge and everything worked well. I slipped the nose skin underneath the top skin and have had good success with the existing spar holes. I am simply using low speed on the drill and stopping as soon as I feel the nose skin being penetrated. I then inserted a cleco and searched for the existing spar hole.

My after noon was spent with a Cub Crafters Top Cub on the Snohomish River. Today I have a couple of hours and am going to take care of that pesky BFR.

Step Taxi near the 522 bridge

Taking off

Project Status:
Wings: ~82h ( 1h, 1h, 0.5h, 2.5h, 4h, 1h, 1.5h, 1h, 1.5, 4.5, 1h, 1h, 2h, 4h, 1h, 3h, 1h, 2h, .5h, 1.5h, 2h, 2h, 2h, .5h, 1h, .5h, .5h, 2h,3h, 1h, 3h, 3h, 4h, 2h, 3h, 7h, 3h, 1h, 4h, 1h, 1h )
Flaperons: ( DONE! ) 23.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1h, 1h, 1h, 1.5h, 3h, 6h, 3h, 4h, 1h )
Paint Design: 2 hours spent ( 1h, 1h )
Elevator DONE!: ~31.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1.5h, 3h, .5h, 3.5h, 2h, 4h, 1.5h, 2h, 4.5h, 1h, 6h )
Horizontal Stabilizer DONE!: ~28 hours spent, 3 pieces replaced ( 3h, 2h, 2h, 2h, .5h, 1.5h, 3.5h, 1.5h, 5, 4.5, 2h, .5h )
Rudder DONE!, minus horn : ~16 hours spent, ( ~8h, ~8h )
Total Done: ~185.5 hours

No comments: