Saturday, November 25, 2006

Tuesday night we spent one hour closing the two remaining flaperon halves. Deburring, corrosion protecting and riveting are all activities I can now do in my sleep.

The fuel system and wing crate arrived on Wednesday just before Thanksgiving, and Saturday evening the inventory was done.

The fuel caps do not look like they are vented, nor do the tanks look like ten gallons capacity.

Before work on the wing can begin, the workshop needs to be redone. The table I built is not perfectly flat for it's 8 foot length AND it needs to be extended an additional four feet. My plan is to use the crate the wings came in as a workbench frame. All I need to do is raise the crate an additional two feet and provide for an adjustable shim method to keep everything level. I'm going to use the MDF from the current bench as the table top.

Project Status:
Wings: Inventory complete
Flaperons: ( DONE! ) 23.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1h, 1h, 1h, 1.5h, 3h, 6h, 3h, 4h, 1h )
Paint Design: 2 hours spent ( 1h, 1h )
Elevator DONE!: ~31.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1.5h, 3h, .5h, 3.5h, 2h, 4h, 1.5h, 2h, 4.5h, 1h, 6h )
Horizontal Stabilizer DONE!: ~28 hours spent, 3 pieces replaced ( 3h, 2h, 2h, 2h, .5h, 1.5h, 3.5h, 1.5h, 5, 4.5, 2h, .5h )
Rudder DONE!, minus horn : ~16 hours spent, ( ~8h, ~8h )
Total Done: ~102 hours

No comments: