Sunday we spent five hours in a building sprint. The lessons learned from the left wing allowed for rapid progress on the right wing.
The first, smaller cut for the fuel sender was made, the fuel tank channels were drilled into place, the fuel drain hole was made, and the fuel feed hole was also made.
For the fuel drain hole I attempted something different. On the left wing I measured and was off. For this wing I place the tank in the wing and felt where the drain pushed against the wing, and marked that spot.... and was off. So I measure and hit it on the spot, creating two holes. I created a patch that rested on the inside to close the hole up.
The fuel sender hole is just a rough cut and needs to be enlarged.
Luckily the fuel filler template was 100% reusable for this wing. Due to the CNC pre-drilled holes, I was able to just flip the template over. I undercut the hole intentionally and then enlarged the hole with a half round file for a near perfect fit.
For comparison the same amount of work for the left wing took about twelve hours.
Wings: ~146.5h ( 1h, 1h, 0.5h, 2.5h, 4h, 1h, 1.5h, 1h, 1.5, 4.5, 1h, 1h, 2h, 4h, 1h, 3h, 1h, 2h, .5h, 1.5h, 2h, 2h, 2h, .5h, 1h, .5h, .5h, 2h,3h, 1h, 3h, 3h, 4h, 2h, 3h, 7h, 3h, 1h, 4h, 1h, 1h, 1h, 4h, 2h, 2h, 2h, 2h, 1h, 2h, 3h, 2h, 1h, 3h, 2h, 2h, 1h, 2h, 3h, 2h, 1h, 1h, 1.5, 2h, 2h, 3h, 2h, 1h, 3h, 2h, 1h, 2h, 1h, 5h )
Flaperons: ( DONE! ) 23.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1h, 1h, 1h, 1.5h, 3h, 6h, 3h, 4h, 1h )
Paint Design: 2 hours spent ( 1h, 1h )
Elevator DONE!: ~31.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1.5h, 3h, .5h, 3.5h, 2h, 4h, 1.5h, 2h, 4.5h, 1h, 6h )
Horizontal Stabilizer DONE!: ~28 hours spent, 3 pieces replaced ( 3h, 2h, 2h, 2h, .5h, 1.5h, 3.5h, 1.5h, 5, 4.5, 2h, .5h )
Rudder DONE!, minus horn : ~16 hours spent, ( ~8h, ~8h )
Total Done: ~248h