Monday, April 23, 2007

On Sunday we 1) Finished trimming the rear wing skins 2) Drilled them into place 3) Got the nose skin clecoed into place and confirmed the slat support slots were in the correct position.

The manual shows how to cut the flaperon hinge slots into the rear skins with a drill. I tried to do that for a few holes and ended up wandering with the bit too much. A much better approach is to use a reinforced cutting blade on a Dremel.

Thursday we got a package of 200 silver clecos from Wicks... which is possibly too many clecos.

I freshened up on my float skills today with splash downs in Lake Washington and the Snohomish river. Drivers on the 522 bridge got a show as we approached down into the river and passed overhead by less than 50 feet. Then some fishermen got a show as we flew along the river about 10 feet off the deck making tight turns to follow the river bed. I could make out details on one of their faces....

Project Status:
Wings: 53h ( 1h, 1h, 0.5h, 2.5h, 4h, 1h, 1.5h, 1h, 1.5, 4.5, 1h, 1h, 2h, 4h, 1h, 3h, 1h, 2h, .5h, 1.5h, 2h, 2h, 2h, .5h, 1h, .5h, .5h, 2h,3h, 1h, 3h )
Flaperons: ( DONE! ) 23.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1h, 1h, 1h, 1.5h, 3h, 6h, 3h, 4h, 1h )
Paint Design: 2 hours spent ( 1h, 1h )
Elevator DONE!: ~31.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1.5h, 3h, .5h, 3.5h, 2h, 4h, 1.5h, 2h, 4.5h, 1h, 6h )
Horizontal Stabilizer DONE!: ~28 hours spent, 3 pieces replaced ( 3h, 2h, 2h, 2h, .5h, 1.5h, 3.5h, 1.5h, 5, 4.5, 2h, .5h )
Rudder DONE!, minus horn : ~16 hours spent, ( ~8h, ~8h )
Total Done: ~156.5 hours

No comments: