Sunday, October 01, 2006
We spent about 30 minutes Saturday morning drilling the bottom skin to the spar and ribs, went and had breakfast and then I spent about 2.5hs deburring, riveting, corrosion protecting and then repeating the steps for the top of the skin.
I found that by using a 2x2 and some silver clecos on the trailing edge of the pre-drilled skin that I was able to ratchet down the top skin and drill it by myself.
The question is how to proceed with the "root" rib. I'm thinking that I should just drill it into place now.
We then spent about 4 hours in the evening making the port inboard flaperon section. The skeleton is made, the bottom skin riveted and the top skin drilled.
Flaperons: ( right outboard, left outboard DONE! ) 22.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1h, 1h, 1h, 1.5h, 3h, 6h, 3h, 4h )
Paint Design: 2 hours spent ( 1h, 1h )
Elevator DONE!: ~31.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1.5h, 3h, .5h, 3.5h, 2h, 4h, 1.5h, 2h, 4.5h, 1h, 6h )
Horizontal Stabilizer DONE!: ~28 hours spent, 3 pieces replaced ( 3h, 2h, 2h, 2h, .5h, 1.5h, 3.5h, 1.5h, 5, 4.5, 2h, .5h )
Rudder DONE!, minus horn : ~16 hours spent, ( ~8h, ~8h )
Total Done: ~102 hours