Worked on improving the nose gear. First a a piece of phenolic material was installed underneath the nose strut stop. This reduced the friction of the nose strut while in flight. Next the v-notched channels were ground down and polished. The nose strut no longer touches the extrusion in normal flight, but rides when the rudder is at extreme positions.
The friction in the rudder pedal bearings was also reduced by changing the bolt tension down a bit to 25lbs from 30lbs.
In flight the rudder slowly returns to position, but is still not as loose as I would like due to the nature of the nose bearing surfaces.
A new lower nylon bearing had been fabricated and installed last week. The old bearing had shown some signs of wear and had a 2-3mm gap in it. This new bearing was intended to reduce the amount of forward and back shake on landing. Overall the change was successful. The shake is still visible, but it is no longer detectable in the pedals. This may be the nose strut flexing.
I ended up making a side-by-side comparision video of my 701 & 150 taking off and landing. The takeoffs are on the same runway and almost identical conditions. The winds, pilot, amount of fuel, ect were almost the same. What was not the same was how I flew the 701. This was a normal takeoff, not a short field takeoff. For the 150 I did a short takeoff.
The landings were similar in wind. Obviously the runways were different. The 150 land land short. Just drop 40 degrees of flaps and use power to keep from falling out of the sky.