Sunday, February 28, 2010



I spent a day fixing the horizontal stabilizer. About a year ago a test fitting revealed that the forward mount points for 10mm to far inboard on each side.

The entire skin was unzipped. With some careful measuring and luck, I was able to use two existing holes on each side that were 10mm outboard. Many of the bracket holes to the spar became elongated so I enlarged them to A6. The old holes were filled in with A5 rivets.

I took the electrical system apart... again ( fourth time? ) and used an aviation grade spiral wrap conduit to add order to the wires. I then added a piece of L-Angle near that crossed from the pilot side to the passenger side attaching to the bus mount I had fabricated earlier. This was done forward and rear. These provide a very nice spot to secure the bundles against.

No comments: