Monday night I drilled out almost all of the remaining holes in the forward fuselage. When the holes in 7F3-3SP got enlarged to A5 it became very apparent that distance between the holes was not sufficient for my standards. I ordered a new tube and a sheet of .040 from OnlineMetals.com so I could fab up new pieces. I finished the night by deburring a good bit of the fuselage.
Tuesday night I un-installed the passenger side 7F3-3SP lined it up with a flat edge of my new 0.040 sheet and clamped and back drilled all the holes that did not go into the diagonal tube. I then expanded the gusset about 20mm inboard so as to gain an additional 15mm or so on the diagonal. I left the width of the gusset the same as before at the fore and aft, connected up my lines, cut it out and cleaned it up.
The new piece fit perfectly. I then trimmed the tube, inserted it into the fuselage receiver, clamped, lined up and drilled. The new holes are dead on with about 4D space between holes. I back drilled the remaining holes in the frame and the lower gusset.
Fuselage ~166h ( 3h, 3h, 2h, 3h, 7h, 2h, 5h, 2h, 3h, 2h, 2h, 3h, 6h, 2h, 2h, 1.5h, 2.5h, 1h, 2h, 3h, 2h, 3h, 4h, 1h, 2h, 1h, 3h, 4h, 3h, 3h, 4h, 3h, 4h, 4h, 6h, 3h, 3h, 4h, 2h, 2h, 2h, 4h, 2h, 2h, 10h, 4h, 4h, 6h, 3h, 4h , 6h, 3h, 2h)
Wings: ~157.5h ( 1h, 1h, 0.5h, 2.5h, 4h, 1h, 1.5h, 1h, 1.5, 4.5, 1h, 1h, 2h, 4h, 1h, 3h, 1h, 2h, .5h, 1.5h, 2h, 2h, 2h, .5h, 1h, .5h, .5h, 2h,3h, 1h, 3h, 3h, 4h, 2h, 3h, 7h, 3h, 1h, 4h, 1h, 1h, 1h, 4h, 2h, 2h, 2h, 2h, 1h, 2h, 3h, 2h, 1h, 3h, 2h, 2h, 1h, 2h, 3h, 2h, 1h, 1h, 1.5, 2h, 2h, 3h, 2h, 1h, 3h, 2h, 1h, 2h, 1h, 5h, 2h, 1h, 2h, 4h, 2h )
Flaperons: ( DONE! ) 23.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1h, 1h, 1h, 1.5h, 3h, 6h, 3h, 4h, 1h )
Paint Design: 2 hours spent ( 1h, 1h )
Elevator DONE!: ~31.5 hours spent ( 3h, 1.5h, 3h, .5h, 3.5h, 2h, 4h, 1.5h, 2h, 4.5h, 1h, 6h )
Horizontal Stabilizer DONE!: ~28 hours spent, 3 pieces replaced ( 3h, 2h, 2h, 2h, .5h, 1.5h, 3.5h, 1.5h, 5, 4.5, 2h, .5h )
Rudder DONE!, minus horn : ~16 hours spent, ( ~8h, ~8h )
Total Done: ~428h